Nick, Cai, Mia, Abi, Me, Ciera and Sam at our lunch spot. These were all the interns at the conference. For the past week, my schedule has been packed full! Meeting new people, going to new places, learning new things. A big part of our research project is mapping out growing spaces within Baltimore City, and we did our first official mapping last week. The fieldwork of it was fairly low tech, so it was fairly simple to get the hang of. I enjoyed the process because I felt like I got to know all the ins and outs of the space, and what is actually being grown and where. I learned (embarrassingly) for the first time what some plants and trees looked like while growing, not just the final harvest. We ended up being there for more than three hours, just to make sure we got everything, and that everyone knew how to properly map. Although it’s no surprise that my biggest takeaway was the MACAA conference in Ocean City. Meeting a bunch of other interns for the first time was so much fun!...
Comments
Post a Comment